What is the Emergency Rental Assistance Program?
The City of Palm Desert is offering an Emergency Rental Assistance Program to assist market-rate rental properties impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. The program serves as an economic recovery tool for rental properties and a safety net for lower and moderate-income households. The program provides financial assistance in the form of rental arrears to rental properties for delinquent payments for April 2020 and/or beyond. The City estimates serving up to 50 qualified households with assistance up to $5,000 per rental unit. The initial application is for rental property owners or its respective business representatives (not tenants).
· What are the eligibility requirements for rental properties?
Eligible rental property types include:
· Multi-family homes (2 units or more).
· Single-family homes (attached or detached).
· Accessory dwelling units.
Other rental property eligibility requirements include:
· Applicable to market-rate rental units only.
· Located within the jurisdictional limits of Palm Desert.
· Waive all late fees for delinquent payments for participating qualified households.
· Assist in advertising rental assistance opportunity to qualified households.
· Assist qualified households with obtaining the appropriate supporting documentation.
· When are applications due by rental properties to opt-in to the program?
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 17, 2020. Please note the City anticipates the need for emergency rental assistance will substantially exceed the amount of available funds. Therefore, submission of an application does not guarantee emergency rental assistance.
· Who should I contact if I have any questions?
Please contact Senior Management Analyst, Christopher Gerry, by emailing email@example.com or calling (760) 776-6335.
Last modified: July 2, 2020